Komplet Lepinja is perfect for those who want to try something new, unusual and tasty, something that will awaken your senses and excite your taste buds. When you are ready to bake them put baking paper or a baking sheet and flour on paper, pour the dough into a baking sheet, divided into 2-3 buns, shape with wet hands and sprinkle flour over. The recipe uses is cut in half, kajmak which is creamy milk, popular in Central Asia, some Balkan countries.
- fresh flat bun
- 1 egg
- lard substance
- Cut the bun or flatbread lengthwise through the middle, creating a slight dent in the middle of the soft center, making slightly hollow halves.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl with the soft milk cream kajmak then pour this mixture on both sides of the bread.
- Preheat the oven at 430°F/220°C.
- Place both parts of the bread in baking tray with baking paper at the bottom.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes untill the egg and the kajmak are cooked.
Inspiration and adaptation: tasteatlas.com, serbia.com, kuvarancije.com
Photo credit: serbia.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.