Mackerel in Wine and Tomato Sauce
This Mackerel in Wine and Tomato Sauce recipe is really easy to make and taste delicious. It is perfect idea for dinner and goes well with a glass of wine. Mackerel is one of the healthiest foods with a good amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants and omega-3 fats.
Mackerel in Wine & Tomato Sauce
This Mackerel in tomato sauce dish is really easy to make and taste delicious. It is perfect idea for dinner and goes well with a glass of wine.
- 2 medium size onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes peeled and chopped
- chopped parsley
- 2 cleaned and boned mackerels
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat a pan with oil to a medium heat and add the onion. Saute for 5 minutes, then add the chopped garlic, tomatoes, wine, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce evenly in a baking dish and place the mackerels on top.
- Pour the remaining sauce and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: charlottesvveb.com, passionateaboutfood.net, findbgfood.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Mackerel in Wine and Tomato Sauce recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!