This Mackerel in Wine and Tomato Sauce recipe is really easy to make and taste delicious. It is perfect idea for dinner and goes well with a glass of wine. Mackerel is one of the healthiest foods with a good amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants and omega-3 fats.
Mackerel in Wine & Tomato Sauce
- 2 medium size onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes peeled and chopped
- chopped parsley
- 2 cleaned and boned mackerels
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat a pan with oil to a medium heat and add the onion. Saute for 5 minutes, then add the chopped garlic, tomatoes, wine, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce evenly in a baking dish and place the mackerels on top.
- Pour the remaining sauce and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: charlottesvveb.com, passionateaboutfood.net, findbgfood.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.