Wine Kebab with Mushrooms is a popular Bulgarian stew made with meat, variety of vegetables, mushrooms and red wine, and spiced. The dish is prepare mostly with beef but you can be make with any type of meat. Mushrooms are widely used in throughout the Balkan cuisines.
Wine Kebab with Mushrooms
- 500 g pork or beef
- 200 g mushrooms
- 3 cup red wine
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 tsp savory
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ celery
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh parsley
- black pepper
- 1 onions
- 100 ml oil
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add the chopped onions, diced celery and carrots and saute. Few minutes later add the sliced pork and stir until the meat is fried evenly and add the mushrooms.
- Pour the wine and stir, then add the grated tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer until the meat is fully cooked, then sprinkle in the remaining spices.
- If you want to thicken the sauce more, mix 2 tbsp flour in water and stirring it into the wine kebab.
- Simmer another 2-3 minutes, remove from the heat and add the chopped parsley. Serve the wine kebab with mushrooms garnished with boiled rice.
Inspiration and adaptation: tastycraze.com, tasteatlas.com,
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.