Obrnjenik (Ubrnjenik, Skrnjenk) Recipe
Obrnenk (Ubrnjenik, Skrnjenk) is a very filling, traditional dish that was usually prepared for a breakfast, before starting hard work. It is prepared with buckwheat flour, which is considered healthier, compare to traditional flour.
Obrnenk (Ubrnjenik) recipe
This recipe is very filling abd it was a popular in the past across farmers regions for breakfast, before starting hard work.
- 500 g buckwheat flour
- 750 ml milk
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 150 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat a pot with milk on stove over medium heat and bring to boiling.
- Then add butter, fresh cream and salt and stir well.
- In a large frying pan roast the flour for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously. Stir all the time with wooden spoon not to burn the flour.
- Pour the hot milk mixture over the pan with the roasted flour and mix well to get a big ball.
- Form several smaller balls.
- Serve with sour milk, boiled fruit slices, tea or white coffee.
Inspiration and adaptation: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com, turisticnekmetije.si, stoglej.eu
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.
Did you make this Obrnjenik (Ubrnjenik, Skrnjenk) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!