Žganci (Buckwheat Porridge) is a dish in Slovenian and Croatian cuisine, popular in the past in farmhands and it is similar to polenta. It is commonly eaten as a breakfast dish, and often cooked or served with added flavorings such as honey or syrup.
Žganci (Buckwheat porridge)
- 120 g buckwheat flour
- 700 ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Place a deep pot with water on the stove over medium heat and bring it to boiling then add salt and oil.
- After it starts boiling add the buckwheat flour slowly and stir.
- Once you see that the water has been absorbed from the buckwheat flour water, reduce the heat.
- Cook on low with a lid on for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into big pieces to serve.
Inspiration and adaptation: wikipedia.org, kulinarika.net, ingredientmatcher.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.