Pohorska omleta or Pohorje omelet is the most famous dessert of the Slovenian region called Pohorje.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tsp Vanilla
- confectioners sugar or sweetened whipped cream
- Jam or fresh berries
- Beat egg whites with half the sugar until stiff but not dry.
- In another bowl, beat yolks, remaining half of sugar, vanilla, and lemon rind until
- Fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Sprinkle flour on top and fold in, taking care to avoid deflating.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch pan. Pour in batter and gently spread. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. It will resemble a sponge cake layer.
- Let cool slightly, loosen edges, and turn out on a platter, top side down. Spread with jam or fruit filling and carefully fold in half.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or sweetened whipped cream. Slice into pieces to serve.
Phot and inspiration: midvakuhava.si, slovenianroots.blogspot.com