This Potato and Vegetable Omelet Bulgarian recipe is easy to prepare and make a great breakfast or light meal serve with a simple salad and a slice of garlic bread. Eggs are an important part of the Bulgarian cuisine and Bulgarian traditions.
Potato and Vegetable Omelet
- 450 g potatoes
- black pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g frozen peas
- 6 eggs
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Place pot with water over medium heat and bring it to boil. Peel and cut the potatoes in cubes and add them to the pot. Add salt and boil for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and leave aside. Crush the garlic, peel and chop the onion and chop the pepper.
- Place a large frying pan with half the oil in and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes. Then add the red pepper and peas, cook for 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and leave it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes stirring, add the onion, sprinkle the parsley, and mix well with the potatoes.
- In a small bowl add the eggs, mix with the cheese and season and beat until you get a mixture and pour over the pan.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- When ready transfer the omelette onto a plate.
- You can serve it hot or cold and garnish with garlic bread and green or tomato salad.
Inspiration and adaptation: recipesbg.com, passionateaboutfood.net
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.