Roasted and Marinated Chili Peppers (Lyuti Chusnki)
Roasted and Marinated Chili Peppers (Lyuti Chusnki) is a delicious homemade preservation you can enjoy all winter long. This spicy and fragrant marinade keeps Bulgarian pepper‘s shape and juiciness to perfection. Slices of juicy multi-colored
Roasted And Marinated Chili Peppers
Roasted and Marinated Chili Peppers (Lyuti Chusnki) is a delicious homemade preservation with a bright aroma and savory taste, widely used for shopska salad.
- 10-12 peppers of your choice Jalapenos are ok too
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- a bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- sea salt
- In a bowl prepare the marinade by mixing vinegar, honey, olive oil, and whisk them well. Then add the garlic, chopped dill and carrots and mix.
- Add salt to taste and set marinade aside.
- Roast the peppers on your stove or using barbeque, for a minute on each side. Just enough the flesh to gets soft and turn black with grill marks.
- When ready add the roasted peppers into the marinade and cover the bowl for a few hours.
- You can transfer them into jars and put them into a pan with hot water. Cover them with lids, bring the water in the pan to a boil over low heat and thus sterilize the billet for 25 minutes.
- Serve with some bread and Bulgarian salami Lukanka or use for shopska salad.
Inspiration and adaptation: internationalcuisine.com, tasteatlas.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Roasted and Marinated Chili Peppers recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!