Roasted and Marinated Chili Peppers (Lyuti Chusnki) is a delicious homemade preservation you can enjoy all winter long. This spicy and fragrant marinade keeps Bulgarian pepper‘s shape and juiciness to perfection. Slices of juicy multi-colored
Roasted And Marinated Chili Peppers
- 10-12 peppers of your choice Jalapenos are ok too
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- a bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- sea salt
- In a bowl prepare the marinade by mixing vinegar, honey, olive oil, and whisk them well. Then add the garlic, chopped dill and carrots and mix.
- Add salt to taste and set marinade aside.
- Roast the peppers on your stove or using barbeque, for a minute on each side. Just enough the flesh to gets soft and turn black with grill marks.
- When ready add the roasted peppers into the marinade and cover the bowl for a few hours.
- You can transfer them into jars and put them into a pan with hot water. Cover them with lids, bring the water in the pan to a boil over low heat and thus sterilize the billet for 25 minutes.
- Serve with some bread and Bulgarian salami Lukanka or use for shopska salad.
Inspiration and adaptation: internationalcuisine.com, tasteatlas.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.