Romanian Sour Fish Soup Recipe
Romanian Sour Fish Soup is a traditional recipe flavored with lemon juice and or a little bit of vinegar from southern part of Romania. This type of a wide range of soups with a characteristic sour taste are usually including in the category ciorbă.
Sour Fish Soup
Romanian Sour Fish Soup is a basic traditional recipe flavored with lemon juice and or a little bit of vinegar.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 16 oz fish
- ½ large red yellow or orange pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 8 cup water
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Use a large pot to heat the oil over medium heat.
- On a cutting board with sharp knife chop the onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery, add them to the pot and saute for a few minutes.
- Then add water to the pot, cover it and cook for about 20 mins.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Take the fish and cut in cubes on the cutting board and transfer to the soup.
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes and add the juice of 1 lemon.
- Last step is to chop the fresh parsley and add it.
Inspiration and adaptation: thebossykitchen.com, foodfanatic.com, deliciousromania.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Romanian cuisine.
Did you make this Romanian Sour Fish Soup recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!