Snezhanka salad or Snow White salad is a traditional Bulgarian salad, which is made of strained yogurt, cucumber, garlic, salt. You can find sometimes called milk salad or dry tarator salad. It can be served as a side dish, dip or starter. The name comes from the creamy white yogurt.
- 30 oz plain yogurt
- 1 big cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- small bunch of fresh dill
- 4 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- crushed walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Use a large bowl to strain the yogurt.
- On a cutting board finely chop the the garlic and the dill.
- Add to the bowl, salt to taste, and mix well.
- Peel the cucumber if not organic and chop it into small pieces.
- Get rid of any extra liquid from the chopped cucumber by squeezing it then add it to the bowl.
- The salad should be creamy but also thick so it can formed small balls.
- Arrange several balls using an ice-cream spoon and place in a place.
- Sprinkle crushed walnuts on top and fresh parsley leave.
- Serve as a side salad.
Inspiration and adaptation: wikipedia.org, babapena.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.