Snezhanka Salad (Snow White Salad)
Snezhanka salad or Snow White salad is a traditional Bulgarian salad, which is made of strained yogurt, cucumber, garlic, salt. You can find sometimes called milk salad or dry tarator salad. It can be served as a side dish, dip or starter. The name comes from the creamy white yogurt.
Snezhanka Salad a traditional Bulgarian salad and it can be served as a side dish, dip or starter.
- 30 oz plain yogurt
- 1 big cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- small bunch of fresh dill
- 4 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- crushed walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Use a large bowl to strain the yogurt.
- On a cutting board finely chop the the garlic and the dill.
- Add to the bowl, salt to taste, and mix well.
- Peel the cucumber if not organic and chop it into small pieces.
- Get rid of any extra liquid from the chopped cucumber by squeezing it then add it to the bowl.
- The salad should be creamy but also thick so it can formed small balls.
- Arrange several balls using an ice-cream spoon and place in a place.
- Sprinkle crushed walnuts on top and fresh parsley leave.
- Serve as a side salad.
Keep it refrigerated overnight and serve the following day.
Inspiration and adaptation: wikipedia.org, babapena.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Snezhanka Salad (Snow White Salad) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!