Strudel with Tarragon
When using tarragon as a herb that gives cottage cheese filling a very special and delicious taste.
For tarragon filling:
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- lemon zest or and vanilla
- 200 g melted butter
- bread crumbs
- brunches of tarragon herb
For the garnish before baking
- 1 egg
- 100 g sour cream
- Put all the ingredients except butter, tarragon and bread crumbs into a large bowl.
- You can add whole eggs or split egg yolks and add whipped eggs whites at the end. You also add 1/5th of melted butter into the filling. Mix all that together and add bread crumbs to thicken the filling.
- Stretch out the dough on the cotton. Sprinkle it with melted butter.
- Spread the filling evenly on 1/3 of the dough. Sprinkle the chopped tarragon over the filling and roll the whole dough into a roll.
- Mix egg with sour cream and garnish the rolls before putting it into the oven.
Put into preheated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour at 180 to 200 degrees C.
- When baked sprinkle the strudel with powdered sugar and leave it to cool down.
Photo and inspiration: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com