Tirana Furghes with Peppers
The dish Tirana Furghes with Peppers called “Fergesë e Tiranës me speca” is made from peppers with sautéed tomatoes and feta cheese. The dish is a specialty of the capital city Tirana and largest city by area and population of the Republic of Albania.
Tirana Furghes with Peppers (Fergesë e Tiranës Me Speca)
The dish called “Fergesë e Tiranës me speca” is a specialty of the capital city Tirana, made from peppers with sautéed tomatoes and feta cheese.
- 1/2 lb Green or Red Peppers
- 1/2 lb Salted Cottage Cheese or Greek Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 lb butter
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes and cleaned the tail and seeds from the peppers.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat with olive oil and sauté the tomatoes and peppers for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the butter in another saucepan. Dice them the way you like.
- Add cottage or feta cheese, flour, and black pepper, salt and chili pepper to saucepan and stir.
- Mix all the ingredients from both saucepans into one.
- Preheated the oven for 350F/180C and place the saucepan for 15 minutes.
- Serve while still warm.
Inspiration and adaptation: recetakuzhine.net, albaniavisits.com, restorantberlini.al
Explore other recipes from the traditional Albanian cuisine.
Did you make this Tirana Furghes with Peppers (Fergesë e Tiranës Me Speca) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!