Turkish Pide with Feta and Tomato Recipe
This Turkish pide with feta and tomato brings Middle Eastern flavors and it is easy to make and incredibly tasty. It is perfect as an appetizer or with a green salad on the side. Pita or pide is commonly used in the Mediterranean, Middle East.
Turkish Pide with Tomato and Feta Recipe
Turkish pide with feta and tomato brings Middle Eastern flavors to your kitchen. It is perfect as an appetizer or with a green salad on the side.
- 500 g white bread flour
- 1½ tbsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- 85 ml olive oil plus extra for brushing for the topping
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 400 g can plum tomatoes, drained
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- fresh oregano, to serve
- First, you have to make the bread dough. You can do it either by hand or using a mixer with a dough hook.
- To make the dough you need to mix the main ingredients: flour, salt, yeast and sugar together. You can add to the mixture water and oil. Start with less water and keep kneading for about 10-15mins until you get a springy, soft dough.
- Use a large bowl and put a few drops of oil and spread it through the bottom. Add the dough into it and cover it. Set it aside till it doubles its size.
- Till you are waiting you can heat a large sauté pan with 2 tbsp oil and cook the onion till you see it that it starts getting caramelized.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and split the dough into 4 pieces and create an oval-like shape.
- Now put in each of the dough pieces the caramelized onions, tomatoes, oregano and feta cheese.
- The ends of each oval-like dough pieces need to twist in order to hold the mixture inside.
- Put them into a baking dish, put on top salt and pepper, sprinkle some extra olive oil and bake for 15-18 mins. When you see that the dough is getting golden brown then you can turn off the oven.
- It is recommended to serve them warm.
Inspiration and adaptation: ahedgehoginthekitchen.com, vegetariantimes.com, mygerman.recipes, olivesintheoven.com
Explore other recipes from traditional Turkish cuisine.
Did you make this Turkish Pide with Feta and Tomato recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!