Chicken with Walnuts (Pule Me Arra)
Veal or Chicken with Walnuts (Pule Me Arra) is tasty Albanian chicken dish that is easy to made and uses a crushed walnuts and flavored with minced garlic. This type of chicken is usually served without garnish.
Veal or Chicken with Walnuts (Pule Me Arra)
Veal or Chicken with Walnuts (Pule Me Arra) is tasty Albanian chicken dish that is easy to made and uses a crushed walnuts and flavored with minced garlic.
- 2 tbsp all-purpose plain flour
- 15 finely crushed shelled walnuts
- 2 beaten egg yokes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 lb sticks butter
- 2-3 lb Veal or Chicken meat cut up in 1" cubes
- First we wash the chicken, cut it into pieces.
- Turn the stove to medium heat and add the chicken or other type of meat in a saucepan. Cook until you see that the chicken is getting tender.
- When ready set the meat aside. You can transfer the meat to a dish, but leave the remaining sauce from cooking in the saucepan.
- In another saucepan, add the half a stick of butter with the flour, chicken pieces and sauté over medium-heat for 3 minutes until starts getting light brown in color.
- Then press the garlic clove well to minced with and add the finely crushed walnuts, and the two egg yokes, and stir well.
- Transfer the sauce from the other saucepan and sauté for another 5 minutes until the liquid is bound and thickened slightly.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked meat or chicken and trasnfer it to plates. Finally melt a little butter with red pepper and sprinkle the cooking.
- Enjoy it.
Photo credit and inspiration: wherethefoodis.wordpress.com, recetakuzhine.net, balkanweb.com, fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Albanian cuisine.
Did you make this Chicken with Walnuts (Pule Me Arra) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!