Veal or Chicken with Walnuts (Pule Me Arra) is tasty Albanian chicken dish that is easy to made and uses a crushed walnuts and flavored with minced garlic. This type of chicken is usually served without garnish.
Veal or Chicken with Walnuts (Pule Me Arra)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose plain flour
- 15 finely crushed shelled walnuts
- 2 beaten egg yokes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 lb sticks butter
- 2-3 lb Veal or Chicken meat cut up in 1" cubes
- First we wash the chicken, cut it into pieces.
- Turn the stove to medium heat and add the chicken or other type of meat in a saucepan. Cook until you see that the chicken is getting tender.
- When ready set the meat aside. You can transfer the meat to a dish, but leave the remaining sauce from cooking in the saucepan.
- In another saucepan, add the half a stick of butter with the flour, chicken pieces and sauté over medium-heat for 3 minutes until starts getting light brown in color.
- Then press the garlic clove well to minced with and add the finely crushed walnuts, and the two egg yokes, and stir well.
- Transfer the sauce from the other saucepan and sauté for another 5 minutes until the liquid is bound and thickened slightly.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked meat or chicken and trasnfer it to plates. Finally melt a little butter with red pepper and sprinkle the cooking.
- Enjoy it.
Photo credit and inspiration: wherethefoodis.wordpress.com, recetakuzhine.net, balkanweb.com, fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Albanian cuisine.