Veal with Large Lima Beans (Mish Qingjji me Barbunja)
Veal with Large Lima Beans (Mish Qingjji me Barbunja) is delicious main meal prepared with veal and Lima beans. This meal is not only tasty but it gives you protein and and it will keep you full for a long time. Lima beans are nutritious, full of protein and iron legumes.
Veal with large Lima Beans (Mish Qingjji me Barbunja)
Veal with large Lima Beans is using lima beans, while not as popular as some other varieties, are delicious in many recipes.
- 1 1/2 lb veal
- 1 large onion, grated
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 large Lima beans
- Select shoulder parts of the veal and cut them into 1″ cubes.
- Wash the meat thoroughly with cold water, drain, and then place the meat in a pot together with butter and grated onions and stir fry for a few minutes.
- As the meat is frying, add water until the pieces are covered.
- Also add salt, pepper, and only two to three tablespoons of tomatoes (note: tomatoes can be cut into pieces to the size of your choice).
- Cover the pot and let the meat boil.
- Cut the ends off the Lima beans and clean them well (you also cut them in half if you desire).
- Add the Lima beans to the meat after it has been boiling for several minutes.
- Also add water until everything in the pot is covered.
- Finally, when the beans are done boiling, add the rest of the tomatoes.
- Then let the stew boil for a few more minutes so that the liquid can thicken.
Please note that tomatoes should not be added all at once in the beginning since they don't allow the Lima beans to boil at the right pace.
Inspiration and adaptation: fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Albanian cuisine.
Did you make this Veal with Large Lima Beans (Mish Qingjji me Barbunja) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!