This wine kebab with veal recipe is tasty and extremely aromatic and prepared with rice and red wine. The recipe is popular throughout the whole country and can be found in variations with veal or pork. You can use any red wine but of course the better wine you use the better meal it will turn out and you can always have a glass of wine with this dish as well.
Wine Kebab with Veal
- 500 g veal
- 2 Medium Sized Onions
- 3 gloves garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- ⅓ cup red wine
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3⅓ tbsp oil
- 1 cup rice
- The meat is cut in small cube pieces then leave it aside.
- Heat a small pot with oil over medium heat and add the finely chopped onions. Saute until the onion gets translucent then season with salt and add the finely chopped meat. Stir well then add the flour.
- When the meat gets tender pour in the tomatoes pure, add 2 cups of water and add the wine then bring the pot to boiling.
- You can season with the black pepper, bay leaf add savory (optional) and grated garlic.
- After the pot starts boiling reduce the heat to medium low and cook it for about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the rice in separated pot boiling it with 3 cups salted water.
- Serve the meat in a place with the rice on the side.
Inspiration and adaptation: 1001recepti.com, tastycraze.com, recipesbg.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.