Bean Soup with Pasta Recipe (Pašta Fižol)
Bean Soup with Pasta Recipe (Pašta Fižol) is perfect winter warming meal, easy to prepare and it has rich and spice taste and served with chunky bread. Beans are traditionally very popular food in Slovenian cuisine.
Bean Soup With Pasta (Slovene Pašta Fižol)
Bean Soup With Pasta are easy to prepare with rich and spice taste and usually served with chunky bread.
- 400 g canned beans
- 100 g green peas
- 1 small piece of leek
- 1 sausage or ham
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small piece of celery root
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of parsley root
- 3 tbsp tomato puree or canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp dry sweet red peppers
- 1 tsp thyme
- green parsley for garnish
- 1 tbsp lard or ghee
- 50 g pasta
- Place a the pot over medium heat on the stove and add the chopped onion and lard or ghee.
- You can clean and put all root vegetables in the food processor to chop them quickly.
- Saute the onion with a pinch of salt till they start getting light brown color or translucent, then add roots vegetables, garlic and and mix well. Stir for a few minutes then season with the spices.
- Pour some broth and bring the pot to boiling. After it starts boiling add the beans and green peas and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add the pasta and leek and continue cooking until pasta is cooked.
Inspiration and adaptation: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com, https://www.total-slovenia-news.com/
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.
Did you make this Bean Soup with Pasta (Slovene Pašta Fižol) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!