Bean Soup With Pasta
Beans are traditionally very popular food. Very often they are served together with other dishes as a side dish.
- 400 g canned beans
- 100 g green peas
- 1 small piece of leek
- 1 sausage or ham
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small piece of celery root
- 1 small piece of parsley root
- 3 tbsp tomato puree or canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp dry sweet red peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- green parsley for garnish
- 1 tbsp lard or ghee
- 50 g pasta
- Chop the onions and put them into the pot together with lard or ghee.
- Clean all the roots.
- You can cut or grate them or put them all together with garlic into a food processor.
- Start with stir-frying the onions with a pinch of salt. When onions get nice light brown colour, add grated roots and mix well. After a few minutes add all the spices and herbs.
- Mix well and add bean water and broth. Bring to boil. Now add green peas and beans after a few minutes.
- Cook on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add chopped leek and pasta. Cook until pasta is done.
Photo and source: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com