These Bulgarian Kurabiiki are delicious homemade sweet cookies, prepared from ingredients almost everyone has in its pantry. These cookies are Bulgarian variety of the popular Middle Eastern cookies known as qurabiya, which are a shortbread-type biscuit.
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ cup milk or yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together in large bowl powdered sugar with butter.
- Use a separated bowl to beat the egg yolk and vanilla with the baking powder, then whisk them together with the powdered sugar.
- Then add the all-purpose flour to the mixture with milk and mix all together.
- Leave the dough in the bowl for 15 minutes then form the balls from the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/180° C.
- Bake until golden brown.
Inspiration and adaptation: tasteatlas.com, recipesbg.com, recipeswise.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.