Cauliflower Soup aka Corba is a simple, fast and healthy cauliflower soup. This is a heart-warming soup that is perfect for rainy, chilly days.
If you want to try different recipes with cauliflower you explore this BBC cauliflower collection. This is a top healthy vegetable that should be presented at your table and brings a lot of health benefits especially if eaten raw.
Cauliflower Soup aka Corba
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin coins
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 medium to large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 quart chicken stock or vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- Turn the stove on over medium heat and place a pot with 1 tbsp oil.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until golden or translucent, then add the celery and carrot and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and thyme then add the cauliflower, diced potato, tomato and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour the vegetable broth or chicken stock to cover the vegetables. You can add water if you need to.
- After bringing to a boil, reduce the heat then cover and cook till vegetables are tender.
- Heat up a small pan over medium heat.
- Now thicken the soup by mixing 1 tbsp canola oil with 2 tbsp flour to the small pan and stir well.
- Add this mixture to the soup and stir well, and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- You can use a hand mixer or a blender and make the soup creamy.
Inspiration and adaptation: recipes.arkanweb.com, passingtherelish.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.