Riblja corba - fish soup
Riblja Čorba, is a wonderful fish soup that you’ll see on many menus in the restaurants.
- 1 kg mixed fish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 onions sliced
- 1 celery stick
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup rice or a risotto
- 4 peppercorns
- chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Scale and gut the fish.
- Halve the onion and quickly sear it; this gives it extra flavor.
- Place the fish in a large pot and cover with water.
- Add the vegetables and garlic and simmer for ½ an hour.
- Remove the fish and remove the bones. It might break apart and be a little messy, but it’s going back into the pot as small pieces anyway.
- Strain the soup.
- Add the olive oil and rice to the soup now and when the rice is ready, put the fish pieces back in.
- Serve with some crusty bread.
Photo and inspiration: vojvodina.com, grantourismotravels.com