Riblja corba is a tasty fish soup with different kinds of river fish popular across the country and you can find it served in many restaurants. You can strain the soup if you want which is a clear liquid that has all the taste of vegetables and meat but none of the pulp but packed full of vitamins.
Riblja corba - fish soup
- 1 kg mixed fish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 onions sliced
- 1 celery stick
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup rice or a risotto
- 4 peppercorns
- chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Clean and cut the the fish into pieces.
- Halve the onion and quickly sear it; this gives it extra flavor.
- Heat up in a large pot over medium heat and fill it with with water.
- Add the fish, then add the garlic and the vegetables. Cover the pot and simmer for ½ hour.
- When the fish is tender take it of the pot and remove any bones, leave it aside.
- Add the rice to the soup and let it cook. After is ready add olive oil put the fish pieces back in.
- Serve with some crusty bread.
Inspiration and adaptation: vojvodina.com, grantourismotravels.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.