Bulgarian Fried Minced Meatballs or Kufteta is a traditional Bulgarian meal popular in Eastern Europe on the Balkan Peninsula, made of minced meat and spices shaped in a meatball. They go well with mozzarella and fresh tomatoes sliced. They belong to Koftas family of meatball popular across Indian, Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian cuisines.
Fried minced meatballs
- 1.5 lb minced pork meat
- 1 sweet onion minced or chopped
- 1/2 carrot freshly grated
- 1 potato- grate it
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 slice of stale white bread
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Soak white bread in cup with water then squeeze and remove extra liquid from the bread.
- In a bowl mix together the meat, grated potato, carrot and onion.
- Then add the soaked bread with egg to the mixture and season with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Leave the mixture in the bowl for 30 minutes.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper, and place the rolled meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake them for 40 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: babapena.com, recipesbg.com, instructables.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.