Bulgarian Fried Minced Meatballs (Kufteta)
Bulgarian Fried Minced Meatballs or Kufteta is a traditional Bulgarian meal popular in Eastern Europe on the Balkan Peninsula, made of minced meat and spices shaped in a meatball. They go well with mozzarella and fresh tomatoes sliced. They belong to Koftas family of meatball popular across Indian, Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian cuisines.
Fried minced meatballs
These tasty fried minced meatballs are typically made from ground mix of beef and pork, with diced onions and soaked bread.
- 1.5 lb minced pork meat
- 1 sweet onion minced or chopped
- 1/2 carrot freshly grated
- 1 potato- grate it
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 slice of stale white bread
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Soak white bread in cup with water then squeeze and remove extra liquid from the bread.
- In a bowl mix together the meat, grated potato, carrot and onion.
- Then add the soaked bread with egg to the mixture and season with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Leave the mixture in the bowl for 30 minutes.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper, and place the rolled meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake them for 40 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: babapena.com, recipesbg.com, instructables.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Fried Minced Meatballs (Kufteta) recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!