Greek Dukkah Recipe
Greek Dukkah is easy to make at home and it is consisting of a mixture of herbs, hazelnut nuts, and spices. It originated from the Egyptian cuisine and the traditional way to serve is with bread and extra-virgin oil.
Greek Dukkah is a mix of ground spices blended with sesame seeds and hazelnuts.
- ¾ cup shelled pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp whole peppercorns
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Roast for 5 minutes on a baking tray with bottom covered with baking paper the seeds and the nuts then let them aside.
- After the baked nuts and seed are cool down mix with peppercorns and use a food processor to crush the nuts into various sizes.
- Then mix well with the remaining ingredients.
- Store Dukkah in the fridge for a month.
Inspiration and adaptation: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com, wikipedia.org, hurrythefoodup.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.
Did you make this Greek Dukkah recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!