Kosovo Pinxhur Cream
Kosova Pinxhur cream has a little sweet taste due to the red peppers that contain and it is a great snack for toasted bread or a side dish. It goes really well with some of the other Kosovo dishes such as are burek, pies, kebab, sausages, stuffed peppers, lamb, beans, sarma’s, and many more.
Kosova Pinxhur cream
Kosova Pinxhur cream is a great snack for toasted bread with some feta or goat cheese on top. It has a little sweet taste due to the red peppers that contain.
- 1 pair of latex gloves
- Several glass jars
- 11 pounds tomatoes
- 3.5 cups oil
- 7 oz sugar
- 13.5 oz white wine vinegar
- 11 pounds red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 batches parsley
- 14-15 garlic cloves
- First bake and peel the peppers from the skin and the seeds, we wait for them in thin belts.
- We bake the tomatoes in the oven until they are soften. We remove the skin and the seeds, we wait in small cubes.
- In a large pot we put peppers and tomatoes together. Many in Kosovo also add carrots or eggplant, but this is optional.
- We add the garlic and finely chopped parsley, oil and salt.
- We cook them for a long time, in slow and mix them occasionally with wooden spoons.
Inspiration and adaptation: www.kosova-sot.info
Explore other recipes from traditional Kosovo cuisine.
Did you make this Kosovo Pinxhur Cream recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!