Stuffed Zucchini with Mashed Potatoes is a classic stuffed zucchini recipe for both medium and oversized zucchini with white Bulgarian cheese and mashed potatoes. Bulgarian cheese is also known as sirene is a type of brined cheese made in the Balkans.
Stuffed zucchini with mashed potatoes
- 4 zucchini
- 4 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 7 oz white Bulgarian cheese
- vegetable oil
- Prepare the potatoes by adding them to a deep pot with water and bring it to boiling. Add salt.
- Wash and clean the zucchini and slice them lengthwise.
- Using a spoon take out the flesh and seeds from the zucchini and put in bowl.
- Transfer the boiled potatoes into a bowl mash them and add them along with the chopped carrot, and Bulgarian cheese to a larger bowl or a blender. Mix well.
- Season it with butter and thyme and salt if needed. Remember the cheese is salty.
- Preheated the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Transfer the mixture into the zucchini and place them on a greased baking tray with a little water.
- Bake them for 45 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: 12tomatoes.com, babapena.com, fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.