Stuffed Zucchini with Mashed Potatoes
Stuffed Zucchini with Mashed Potatoes is a classic stuffed zucchini recipe for both medium and oversized zucchini with white Bulgarian cheese and mashed potatoes. Bulgarian cheese is also known as sirene is a type of brined cheese made in the Balkans.
Stuffed zucchini with mashed potatoes
Stuffed Zucchini with Mashed Potatoes is a great stuffed zucchini recipe with feta cheese and mashed potatoes.
- 4 zucchini
- 4 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 7 oz white Bulgarian cheese
- vegetable oil
- Prepare the potatoes by adding them to a deep pot with water and bring it to boiling. Add salt.
- Wash and clean the zucchini and slice them lengthwise.
- Using a spoon take out the flesh and seeds from the zucchini and put in bowl.
- Transfer the boiled potatoes into a bowl mash them and add them along with the chopped carrot, and Bulgarian cheese to a larger bowl or a blender. Mix well.
- Season it with butter and thyme and salt if needed. Remember the cheese is salty.
- Preheated the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Transfer the mixture into the zucchini and place them on a greased baking tray with a little water.
- Bake them for 45 minutes.
Inspiration and adaptation: 12tomatoes.com, babapena.com, fandom.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Bulgarian cuisine.
Did you make this Bulgarian Stuffed Zucchini with Mashed Potatoes recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow us. Sharing is caring!