Sweet Mouses (Spoon Doughnuts) are another Doughnuts recipe from Slovenia, prepare with wheat flour you can prepare and enjoy at home. You can serve them with powdered sugar on top and with a glass of warm milk or just dip in a jam.
Sweet Mouses (Spoon Doughnuts)
- 3 g yeast - fresh or dry
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 ml lukewarm milk
- 5 g sugar
- sugar powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 500 g wheat flour
- Lemon zest
- 2 tbsp rum
- vegetable oil
- In a large bowl mix flour with all other ingredients except milk.
- Activated the yeast in a small separated bowl then to the large bowl and pour lukewarm milk. Make the dough well to became densely liquid, if necessary add more milk.
- Leave it for an hour to double its size in a warm place.
- Preheat over medium heat a large pan with oil.
- Using a spoon shape the dumplings and then transfer them into the oil.
- Fry for a few minutes from each side until getting yellow color on both sides.
- Transfer to a paper tower to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve with sugar powder sprinkled on top.
Inspiration and adaptation: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Slovenian cuisine.