Zucchini with Dill and Garlic Yogurt Sauce
This is a simple Bulgarian recipe and nice when served with grilled meats. If you want you can spice it up by adding some hot sauce to the yogurt.
- 3 zucchini
- 5 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Black Pepper
For the sauce
- 1 cup Bulgarian Yogurt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Dill
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash and peal the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into slices 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) rounds or strips and salted then.
- Place them in colanders, drain the water for about half an hour.
- Roll in flour and fry in at least one finger hot oil.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a pan and fry the zucchini pieces until golden brown.
- Place the zucchini pieces on a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Mince the garlic and dill in a small bowl with the plain yogurt.
- Add some salt and a tablespoon of mayonnaise (optional).
- Arrange the zucchini pieces onto a plate and add some of the sauce on top. Garnish with some dill.
Photo credit and inspiration: gia-bg.com, balkanlicious.com