This Serbian Simple Tomato Salad Recipe is simple, quick and healthy vegan salad that can be served during anytime of the year. This fresh salad offers great source of vitamins and may help boost digestive health due to the fluid and fiber in tomatoes.
Simple Tomato Salad - Jednostavna Paradajz Salata
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 green pepper cored, diced into small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- grated parmesan ccheese
- toasted garlic croutons
- Mix the dressing is a glass jar by adding the balsamic vinegar, the olive oil, sugar, and season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, add the cut the tomatoes, chopped green onions and green pepper, garlic and mix well. Pour the dressing on top and add the parsley and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving then spread croutons on top and sprinkle grated cheese before serving.
Inspiration and adaptation: cookingserbian.blogspot.com, serbiancookbook.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.