Traditional Serbian salad is a vegetable salad, usually served during summer with roast meat and other dishes. This salad is similar to the traditional salads of other Balkan countries and the Eastern Mediterranean.
Traditional Serbian Salad
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 English cucumbers diced
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 5 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 small Sweet onion or purple onion sliced
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup mild flavored oil, sunflower.
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine all ingredients.
- Prepare the dressing in a glass jar and pour over the bowl.
- Mix well and crush some feta cheese on top.
Inspiration and adaptation: globaltableadventure.com, sandrakatanic.com, wikipedia.org
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.