Egg and Lettuce Salad is very siimple and healthy salad, that can be served as a light lunch or salad. Health benefits of lettuce include controlling cancer, lowering cholesterol levels, protecting neurons, inducing sleep, controlling anxiety, reducing inflammation and providing a supply of antioxidants
Egg and Lettuce Salad - Salata od Jajeta i Zelene Salate
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- white distilled vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 tsp Vegeta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the lettuce by washing it and then chop into pieces.
- Bring a pot with water to boiling and add 4 eggs. Boil them for a few minutes until hard then turn off the heat.
- In bowl mix together the lettuce with the dressing from the vinegar and olive oil.
- Remove the shelves from the eggs and chop them, then add the eggs to the salad bowl and mix carefully. Then add the Vegeta, season with salt and pepper and mix slowly.
- Let it sit for 20-25 minutes before serving.
Inspiration and adaptation: cookingserbian.blogspot.com, receptopedija.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Serbian cuisine.