Turnip and Feta Fritters
Golden and crunchy on the outside and melt-in-the-mouth soft on the inside, these are absolutely delicious dipped in tzatziki,
- 2 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese
- olive oil
- Boil the turnip for 15–20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and set aside.Meanwhile, fry the onion over medium heat until transparent and lightly golden.
- Put cooked turnip, onion, flour, egg, cumin and mint in a food processor and blend until a thick batter is formed.
- Add more flour if necessary.Transfer mixture to a bowl and add feta, stirring until just combined.
- Heat about 1cm of oil in a pan and gently spoon blobs of batter into the oil. Allow to fry for a couple of minutes before turning.
- Once fritters are golden brown, remove from pan, drain on paper towels and season well with salt.
Photo and inspiration: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com