Turnip and Feta Fritters are tender and creamy on the inside, crisp and bronze on the outside.
You’ll be surprised how many ways you can implement turnip into your meal recipes. This root vegetable helps lowering blood pressure, aiding weight loss and digestion.
Turnip and Feta Fritters
- 2 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese
- olive oil
- place a pot with water and bring it to boiling. Add the turnip and boil until tender for 15–20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer them into a plate and set aside. Over medium heat place a pan and saute the onion until lightly golden.
- Use a food processor to blend until a thick mixture from the onion, cooked turnip, flour, egg, cumin and mint.
- Pour the blended mixture into a bowl and stir with feta.
- Over a medium heat place a frying pan with oil and place a spoon of the mixture into the pan.
- Fry for a few of minutes until fritters are golden brown.
- Place them on a paper tower to drain any extra oil and season with salt.
Inspiration and adaptation: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.