Simple Greek Black Eyed Peas Salad is a filling and vegan healthy Greek dish with lemon juice, onions and garlic, dressed with extra virgin olive oil. A popular variation of the black-eyed pea is the purple hull peak. This grown around the world for its medium-sized, edible bean.
Simple Greek Black Eyed Peas
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- salt to taste
- Prepare the black eyed peas by washing and drain and set aside after dry them with a paper towel.
- Cut a lemon in halves and use one half to slicing it into wedges and the juice of the rest and add it to a bowl where you mix it with scallions and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, the black eyed peas and fresh dill, mix well and season with salt.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and serve with lemon wedges.
Inspiration and adaptation: thewanderlustkitchen.com, wikipedia.org, shewearsmanyhats.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.