These Greek Chicken Skewers are flavorful chicken skewers, rolled in a mix of spices before cooked with lemony dipping sauce. These have influence from the Middle Eastern cuisine and various cooked meat dishes with kebab.
Spice-Crusted Greek Chicken Skewers
For the Skewers
- 1 1/2 lb pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sizes pieces
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/4 freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 paprika
- 3/4 red pepper flakes
- 3/4 garlic powder
For the Lemony Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices, then roll the chicken pieces in it and put them onto metal skewers.
- Heat a grill pan or barbecue and over medium-high heat and grill them from each side for 2 minutes.
- Spray the pan with olive oil, then cook the skewers for per side, 8 minutes total, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing and pour into a small cup.
- Serve the skewers with the dipping sauce cup.
Inspiration and adaptation: thewanderlustkitchen.com, climbinggriermountain.com, thebakerupstairs.com
Explore other recipes from the traditional Greek cuisine.